Kathryn Ivy Mahoney
Our sweet baby girl was born at 8:20pm on October the 12th. We got to the hospital at 2:00 and I got an epidural at 6:30. Her heart rate was having a hard time staying up and they tried everything to stabilize it. At one point it just kept dropping and then stopped. They replaced the monitor in her scalp...but still nothing...so it was time to get her out. I wasn't fully dilated, but the doctor reached up with forceps and got her. The cord was around her neck. My doctor was out of town, and her on call doctor wasn't available, so we ended up with a Dr. Gourley. Before we met him, the nurse tried to prep us. She was like, "He's kind of..." and then trailed off so I helped her out and said, "awkward?" and without hesitation she said, "No- he's socially retarded"!...And he was a little bit :) but we were so glad to have him. Afterward, all the nurses kept saying how lucky we were that we had him. They said that he is the one you want in an emergency and that any other doctor would have done an emergency C-section, and Kit may not have made it another 10 minutes. We're so blessed that we delivered at a hospital with a NICU! There was a team of nurses waiting for her and after three hours in the NICU she was safe and sound in our arms. It took Mike and my mom about a week to recover. It was a pretty scary delivery. I can't believe how close we were to losing her, and what a miracle it was that she is totally fine! Amazing. I can't imagine our family without this sweet little peanut.
Our new baby traditions...
1. Mike shops for a take home outfit while we're in the hospital. Kit's was adorable.
2. When we leave the hospital before we go home, we always take the new baby to meet their great grandparents first. We are so blessed to still have our Grandma Ruth- the only one left:)
3. Grandma Ronda takes care of us for a few days. She is incredible!
Our new baby traditions...
1. Mike shops for a take home outfit while we're in the hospital. Kit's was adorable.
2. When we leave the hospital before we go home, we always take the new baby to meet their great grandparents first. We are so blessed to still have our Grandma Ruth- the only one left:)
3. Grandma Ronda takes care of us for a few days. She is incredible!












1 Comments:
I'm sad she didn't get to meet grandma laver on her way home from the hospital. And I'm sad I never asked you about the delivery and got to heat the story in person. I bet you were a tad nervous. Well I'm glad she is here and ok. And yes, grandma Ronda is amazing!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home